Why is providing my proof of No Claim Discount important?
The number of years of No Claim Discount that you build up has a big effect on your overall premium so we, along with most other insurers and brokers, ask to see proof of this to cross-check the information that you’ve provided. Unfortunately, if you do not send us your proof of No Claim Discount within the agreed timescales your policy will be cancelled. You will then be charged for the period of time that we provided your cover, a cancellation fee of £65 and an additional fee from the insurer that is underwriting your policy.
There will also be no refund given for any Optional Extras purchased other than Breakdown Assistance Cover where there will be a pro rata charge. Therefore please make sure you send us the required documentation as quickly as possible in the pre-paid envelope provided.
What documents do I need to provide?
If you joined us following the renewal date of another policy, we need you to send us either of the following:
- The original renewal invitation pack from your previous insurer. It must show your renewal date, the number of years of No Claim Discount you have and details of any claims and convictions.
- A letter from your previous insurer showing the same information as above. They will provide you with this information upon request.
In either case, the renewal date should be the start date of your policy with us. If there has been a gap since your previous car insurance expired, we will require a short covering letter giving the reasons for the break in cover.
If you cancelled your last policy before your renewal date, we need you to send us the following:
- A letter of cancellation. It should show the policy cancellation date, the number of years No Claim Discount you have and details of any claims or convictions. The cancellation date should be the start date of your policy with us. If there has been a gap since your previous car insurance policy expired, we will require a short covering letter giving the reasons for the break in cover.
If your last insurance was through a company car scheme:
- Please call us on 0345 603 0380 and we’ll let you know whether we are able to provide cover and what proof we require.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept proof of No Claim Discount earned:
- in another country
- on a commercial vehicle policy
- on a motor traders policy
- on a caravan
- on a motor home policy
- more than two years ago
In all cases, the No Claim Discount should be in your name and can’t be used on more than one policy at a time. If the vehicle registration shown on your proof of No Claim Discount is different from the vehicle registration shown in your schedule, please include a note to confirm that you have changed your vehicle.
Do you accept photocopies of documents?
No, you must send us original proof of your No Claim Discount.
What should I write on my proof of No Claim Discount?
Please write your customer reference number in the top right corner.
Will you return my proof of No Claim Discount?
We are unable to return your evidence of No Claim Discount once it has been used for your policy with us.
What if I have additional questions about what to send?
If you have any queries please call our Customer Service team on 0345 603 0380.